nGrinder prior to 3.3, need the followings to enable the cluster mode.
- Use Cubrid as DB.
- Locate multiple controllers in the different servers.
- Share .ngrinder folder (using NFS) among those servers.
- Use L4 in front of all controllers.
- Provide all cluster member's IPs in the system configuration.
However it's quite difficult to make it.
However if the multiple controller can be installed in a single machine,
it will dramatically reduce the configuration effort.
To make it possible, we need followings
- Make ngrinder be able to connect the H2 TCPServer.
- Make the controller be able to accept command line options to configure various port to avoid the port overlap errors
- Enable cluster members auto discovery using multicast.
While supporting above, we still need to support clustering across multiple machine.
So we need to divide the clustering into two mode (easy, advanced)